Sunday, June 1, 2008

To India and Back Again

Click here for pictures taken: http://corinth2489.christian.net/india

I am in India right now, writing this at the Guest House...The company I'm working with, sent me here a week ago, 24th May 2008, to exact location: NOIDA, India.

Take Off!
You know, it was my first flight, and my first time off my country! So, mention the anxiety! I packed my stuffs: camera, lots of deodorants (as I've been told that India is hot), lots of handkerchiefs, some snacks, clothes, everything I have in the closet :)

Designation: Singapore
I sat on the plane. Yea, I was afraid, you know. But as the plane took off, I found that it was fun! Beside, they gave me salmon and potatoes for lunch. Well, Singapore Airlines service is very good. I reached Singapore after 1.5 hours, and I had to wait for next flight to India in next 4 hours. But I liked it there, Changi airport is a wonderful airport.

Next Flight
There I was, inside the plane to India. The flight took about 5 hours. And again I took Singapore Airlines. I spent the whole 5 hours by watching videos and GPS (yea, I was afraid that the plane will go somewhere else :))

INDIA!!!
Finally arrived at Indira Gandhi International airport. It was 11.30 pm. India airport is messy, but I heard that it's under construction. I took a cab, Easy Cab, paid for Rs.785,- ($18.7) to Noida.

India First Impression
On the way to Nodia, I saw that the taxi driver was so reckless! And he doesn't know English! There were motorcycles in the highway, and cow crossed the street!

Go to Bed
After half an hour ride with the taxi, I finally arrived at the Dharam Villa Guest House, but, when we left the taxi, the driver ask us Rs. 100,- for tip (night charge?), but it's ok, Rs. 100,- is still in my budget.
The room is ok, for Rs. 1700,- per night, I get fan, AC, double sized bed, freezer, TV with 99 channels (most are Indian channels), water heater, and a balcony.

Sunday
Done nothing :) just sleeping and watching TV. I went out to find the way to the office. But, I couldn't find it...so, I was hoping that someone would pick me up tomorrow.

to be continue...

No comments: