Saturday, June 7, 2008

What do I think about India...?

Kocu, sorry if I imitate your way of comparing things... :)

Here is what I've found in my stay in India (Noida city):

Hospitality (ID: 1, IN: 0):
Most indonesian are friendly towards stranger, and if there's miscommunication, indonesian people are only smiling in confusion, but indian people (men) sometimes raise their tone.

Streets (ID: 1, IN: 0):
You think streets in Indonesia are messy? Think twice! In India, cars horn very often; they're keep going even the traffic lights is red; it's so hard to cross the street here :) and, you will sometimes find a car parked almost in the middle of the street. Oh, btw, have you ever crossed by cow?

Foods (ID: 0, IN: 1):
I think this is unjust, because I'm a vegetarian, and in India you can find vegetarian foods everywhere. And, there are so tasty. Try their masala spice, samosa potato, and their paneer, very very tasty.

TV Channels (ID: 0, IN: 1):
I'm not into TV too much, but here it is: You can find about 15 channels in Indonesia TV. Here, you get 99 channels! BUT...I found only some English channels: Star Movie, Star Plus, HBO, ESPN, CNN, but most of them are Indian channels, and sometimes they play English movie but dubbed in Hindi.

Transportation Price (ID: 1, IN: 0):
India transportation price is very high! There is no taxi here (you have to phone first). The available ones are buses, oto (small car in three wheels), and rickshaw. I travel everywhere with oto, and to reach sector 40 from sector 56 (about 5 kilos) will cost me around Rs. 60 ($1.43, Rp. 13000), in Indonesia, you have to pay only Rp. 3000.

Staying Cost (ID: 1, IN: 0):
If you stay in a hotel in Indonesia, it's similar by staying in the guest house here. The cost for a night is Rs. 1700 ($40, Rp. 385000), steep huh? But what you get here? Wifi, double-size bed, balchony, tv, two closets, bathroom, ac and fan, mmm...that's all.

House Price (ID: 1, IN: 0):
You know, I was thinking of moving to India with my family. So I asked around how much a small house would cost me. They say, for 10x10 house with one bathroom, no kitchen, will cost me Rs. 7 Lakhs (Rs. 700000, $16726, Rp. 158900836!) in Indonesia. In Indonesia (Bekasi), you may get a 116m square with one bathroom, two rooms, one kitchen, and a small backyard.

Ok, score for today:
ID (Indonesia): 5
IN (India): 2

No comments: